Vinyl is a plastic based flooring product that is a picture of what it is trying to mimic. Quality is based on the company manufacturing it and the wear layer.
Thickness does not equal quality and durability for luxury vinyl. The wear layer (the top protective layer) is what takes all the wear and tear, and provides the quality and durability. Most Heave Commercial rated luxury vinyl (best commercial warranty available) will be a 20 mil wear layer. Quality will also depend on the company that manufactures it.
Feature: Made of plastic (PVC)
Benefit to you: Easiest hard surface flooring to maintain period!
Feature: Water resistant or waterproof.
Benefits to you:
- You don’t have to worry about water damaging your beautiful floor, especially for the place we call home, Hawaii.
- You don’t have to worry about your babies, kids, pets, and yourself making a mess. No need to shame anyone.
- Spills are very easy to clean up, even if left sitting for a while.
- Better solution to wet areas than wood based flooring.
- Easiest hard surface flooring to maintain period!
Feature: Little to no acclimation needed.
Benefit to you: No need to wait the recommended minimum of 5-7 days with no maximum stated by most hardwood manufacturers so you can enjoy your new beautiful installed flooring and home right away.
Feature: Multiple installation options.
Benefit to you: You can choose the correct type of installation for your home to make your flooring is more likely problem free.